Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lately in Maine

Today I come to you with sea shanties on the radio and rain falling on the windows.

In the past week we've seen many a leaves turn from green to red, sometimes right before our eyes. We've also watched the Nor'easters take on someone in soccer and win by some undisclosed amount. And, speaking of sports, I was informed yesterday that I must become a Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins fan now that I'm living in New England. I'm not quite sure about that, as Tom Brady is choking and the Jets (Did you know the Jets were in Cortland!?!) are a shocking 3-0. Regardless, enough of this meaningless sports talk, onto more important things, like coffee and kitties.

Jacob has taken to attacking a stuffed monkey, and we've been drinking in some delightful Ithaca Coffee Company Coffee (thanks Mom!).



Derek has been drawing self portraits and various appendages for his drawing class. He sometimes wears his fancy blazer in what he refers to as his artist outfit.


And I've been wandering around outside in the exceedingly chilly fall weather. Derek and I volunteered at the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge and got the opportunity to hang out in a Salt Marsh and take data. Yesterday I traveled with my boss Mitch Rasor of MRLD to the small town of Rockland, home of the Lobster Festival, for a site visit.

Most importantly, we'll be heading back to the great state of Upstate New York at some point this upcoming week for a wedding and a visit! See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment