Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lessons

While I know that there are millions, possibly billions?, of Blogs out there. Each one discussing something of value to the author/s, hopefully. This bit of chronologically placed literary tribute, however, is not just the idle meanderings of two minds out of there natural habitat, nor is it blind placement of events in word.

It has been a while since we updated and I'd like to say that it was for good reason, but it was not. Our adventure is like any other true adventure, with a romantic ideal for good fortune and perseverance. Anyone who has read our previous posts knows that we enjoy, or at least try to, all of that which we encounter in our new setting. Though things have been hard as of recent, there is a reason for this somber, and hopefully not too dreary, addition. But before I carry on, I would like to say to those of you who read this that Kari and I both know. You are sorely missed and in our thoughts always. We love you and a cannot not wait to see you all again. So here goes...

Like anyone who has stepped outside of their "comfort zone," we have come to realize some obstacles in the pursuit of what we believe and hold most dear. I know and have known for some time the good fortune that I gained in Kari entering my life. She has given me support, humor, and inspiration; and she has opened the door that I had been afraid of passing through for most of my life, the passageway to my dreams and truest aspirations. But I have learned that belief, perseverance, faith, and other forms of stick-to-it practice are not always enough, sometimes the best of intentions fail and leave you standing on shaky ground. I have learned this since our move here and it has been hard.

But I have learned not to yield to failure and disappointment. Things are finally turning around for us and this shaky ground that had me very scared is becoming less fearsome and more of an accepted challenge. We have learned that through anything that we encounter or experience, some things will always hold true. We have become stronger together in realizing our purpose, once again, for this venture. I know now that no matter what may come, we will face it forward surmount what we can and not dwell on what we cannot. We will be there when the other is down and remind them of when they were up and that they will find good fortune again.

Once again, I know that this is not my usual "plucky and fun" commentary and I appreciate that attention that has been given by those still reading. So I will end this post on a high note, as I think is necessary.

I want to remind all of you who are reading this of what a true blessing life is when it is spent pursuing the things that compel our dreams to display wonders of happiness and the satisfaction of doing that which we believe in hearts to be true.

"Ask yourself whether the dreams of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves – or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth" Ayn Rand

1 comment: